Search This Blog

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Animal Crossing pixel art & math

Alright, it's official... I've jumped onto the Animal Crossing bandwagon & I love it! I just started playing a couple of nights ago and after having seen numerous posts on social media about all the customizations in the game, the thing that I was most excited to do upon setting up my avatar that first day was to draw my own t-shirt design.

It didn't take long, while we were drawing out my first design on that coordinate grid, for my fiancé (also a teacher) and I to start commenting on how fun it would be to have our students create some pixel art that we could dress our avatars in.

And so, I dug around my Google Drive, pulled up the pixel art template that Eric Curts shared out several years, and converted it into an "Animal Crossing Pixel Art" activity for our students. This week's assignment-- create some new t-shirt art for Ms. Haughs's avatar, practice a bit with fractions & area, and submit for the chance to be featured art on Ms. Haughs's Animal Crossing island!

BONUS-- once my students turn in their spreadsheet art/math, they'll receive the link to an online Animal Crossing Pattern Tool where they can turn their final art into a QR code that will allow me to simply scan and upload their design into my account.
https://acpatterns.com/editor

Want to do something similar with your students? The spreadsheet template is below. 
Simply "File --> Make a Copy" and edit/customize/share away!


No comments:

Post a Comment